Meeting Minutes May 2023
FLEET RESERVE ASSOCIATION, BRANCH 208
1. The Shipmates monthly meeting of FRA Branch 208, Jacksonville NC was called to order at 1830 on 8 May 2023 by Shipmate President Raymond Applewhite.
2. The Pledge of Allegiance, Opening Prayer and Preamble to the FRA Constitution were recited by all present.
3. The following Shipmates were present:
Raymond Applewhite – President
Graham Luby – Treasurer
Timothy Manchester – PAO
Paul H. Miethker – Secretary
The following guests were present:
4. NEW SHIPMATES
5. The minutes of the 11 April 2023 meeting were accepted.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT.
Approved Pending Audit.
a. S/M Secretary Miethker indicated the Branch received the following:
(1) List of paid S/M’s for May 23 from National HQ.
(2) List of deceased S/M’s for May 23 from National HQ
(3) Letter from the Salvation Army requesting a monetary donation.
(4) Letter from Special Olympics, North Carolina requesting a monetary donation.
8. OLD BUSINESS
a. The Branch, Coffee-With-A-Cop Program will continue with scheduling a visit to MCB PMO first.
b. The Branch appreciation letter for the MCB Commissary will be presented soon.
c. The Americanism essay winners will be invited to the Branch May 2023 meeting for the presentation of awards.
9. NEW BUSINESS
a. S//M Secretary Miethker brought up the numerous requests for monetary donations.
The Branch voted not to donate.
b. S/M President Applewhite reported on S/M’s that are ill.
c. The Branch voted to approve buying a plaque at the Vietnam Memorial at the Lejeune Gardens for $500.00.
d. The Branch will hold the quarterly Road Side Clean-up 13 May 23 at 0800
10. GOOD OF THE ORDER.
a. First Saturday of the Month: Reading of the North Carolina POW/MIA Names, Vietnam
Memorial, Lejeune Memorial Gardens at 1200.
b. COVID-19 immunizations are being given by appointment only at the Onslow County Senior Center on NC 258. You will need to call for an appointment 910–353-5999.
c. COVID-19 immunizations onboard Camp Lejeune for Retirees and Military Dependents
are at the NMCCL Immunization clinic, appointment required from 0700-1500 Monday – Friday
d. Memorial Day Ceremony, 29 May 23 @1200, State Veterans Cemetery, CLNC.
e. Retiree Breakfast, 3 Jun 23 @0700, The Clubs at Paradise Point.
11. TWO BELL CEREMONY
Edward Blizard, HMC, USN, Ret
12. There being no further business, a motion was made to adjourn. The Closing Prayer was recited and honors rendered to the American Flag. The meeting was adjourned at 1920. The next meeting will be held on 13 June 2023 at 1830 at the DAV Building.
Paul H. Miethker