Meeting Minutes March 2023
- The Shipmates monthly meeting of FRA Branch 208, Jacksonville NC was called to order at 1830 on 14 March 2023 by Shipmate President Raymond Applewhite.
- The Pledge of Allegiance, Opening Prayer and Preamble to the FRA Constitution were recited by all present.
- The following Shipmates were present: Luis Alers
Raymond Applewhite – President
Graham Luby – Treasurer
Timothy Manchester – PAO
Paul H. Miethker – Secretary
The following guests were present:
- NEW SHIPMATES N/A
- The minutes of the 14 February 2023 meeting were accepted.
- FINANCIAL REPORT. Approved pending audit
a. S/M Secretary Miethker indicated the Branch received the following:
(1) List of paid S/M’s for Mar 23 from National HQ.
(2) List of deceased S/M’s for Mar 23 from National HQ
(3) Letter from the Salvation Army requesting a monetary donation.
(4) Letter from Special Olympics, North Carolina requesting a monetary donation.
(5) Package from East Coast Region Americanism Essay Contest Committee with gift cards for 2 Branch 208 Region Essay winners.
- OLD BUSINESS a. The Branch, Coffee-With-A-Cop Program will continue with scheduling a visit to MCB PMO first. b. The Branch appreciation letter for the MCB Commissary will be presented soon.
c. The budget for FY 23 will be presented at the April 2023 meeting.
- NEW BUSINESS
a. S//M Secretary Miethker brought up the numerous requests for monetary donations.
The Branch voted not to donate.
b. S/M President Applewhite reported on S/M’s that are ill.
c. The Branch had 2 winners at the East Coast Region and has received the certificates and
gift cards for presentation. The presentation will be held at the May 2023 Branch meeting,
d. The Branch presented Swansboro High School with a Flag Certificate for displaying the
American flag properly for Mar 23.
e. S/M Manchester is working with Dr. Robles on the issues with the Branch web page.
- GOOD OF THE ORDER.
a. First Saturday of the Month: Reading of the North Carolina POW/MIA Names, Vietnam
Memorial, Lejeune Memorial Gardens at 1200.
b. COVID-19 immunizations are being given by appointment only at the Onslow County Senior Center on NC 258. You will need to call for an appointment 910--353-5999.
c.COVID-19 immunizations onboard Camp Lejeune for Retirees and Military Dependents
are at the NMCCL Immunization clinic, appointment required from 0700-1500 Monday – Friday
d. Women Marine film, 16 Mar 23 @1200, MCB theater.
e Retiree Breakfast, 15 Apr 23 @0700, The Clubs at Paradise Point.
f. Vietnam Recognition Day, 29 Apr 23 @ 1700, Lejeune Memorial Gardens.
- TWO BELL CEREMONY N/A
- There being no further business, a motion was made to adjourn. The Closing Prayer was recited and honors rendered to the American Flag. The meeting was adjourned at 1920. The next meeting will be held on 11 April 2023 at 1830 at the DAV Building.
Paul H. Miethker Shipmate Secretary