Meeting Minutes March 2022
- The Shipmates monthly meeting of FRA Branch 208, Jacksonville NC was called to order at 1830 on 8 March 2022 by Shipmate President Raymond Applewhite.
- The Pledge of Allegiance, Opening Prayer and Preamble to the FRA Constitution were recited by all present.
- The following S/M’s were present: Luis Alers
Raymond Applewhite – President
Paul Miethker – Secretary
Graham Luby – Treasurer
Timothy Manchester – PAO
Alexander Nevgloski – Chaplain
The following guests were present:
- NEW SHIPMATES N/A
- The minutes of the 8 February 2022 meeting were accepted.
- FINANCIAL REPORT.
Approved pending audit.
a. S/M Secretary Miethker indicated the Branch received the following:
(1) List of paid S/M’s for March 2022 from National HQ.
(2) List of deceased S/M’s for March 2022 from National HQ
(3) Letter from The Salvation Army, Jacksonville, NC requesting a monetary donation.
(4) Letter from Special Olympics, North Carolina requesting a monetary donation.
(5) Letter from USO National HQ requesting a monetary donation.
- OLD BUSINESS a. The Branch, Coffee-With-A-Cop Program will continue this year with a date to be determined. b. The Branch will invite the 18 Americanism Essay contest entry participants and their families to the April 2022 meeting to have their essays read and present their gift cards. Light refreshments will be provided by the Branch. c. S/M Nevgloski updated on the Branches efforts to get the FRA college scholarship program restarted. He has visited various Commands on base to get the word out.
- NEW BUSINESS
a. S//M Secretary Miethker brought up the numerous requests for monetary donations. The Branch voted not to donate.
b. S/M President Applewhite reminded the Branch that the Mid-Year meeting would be virtual this year.
c. S/M President Applewhite reported on S/M’s that are ill. He has been ibn contact with each of them and they hope to attend a meeting soon.
d. S/M President Applewhite informed the Branch that nominations for all leadership positions for 2022-2023 will open in April 2022 with elections in May 2022 and the installation in June 2022
10, GOOD OF THE ORDER.
a. First Saturday of the Month: Reading of the North Carolina POW/MIA Names, Vietnam Memorial, Lejeune Memorial Gardens at 1200.
b. COVID-19 immunizations are being given by appointment only at the Onslow County Senior Center on NC 258. You will need to call for an appointment 910–353-5999.
c. COVID-19 immunizations onboard Camp Lejeune for Retirees and Military Dependents are at the NMCCL Immunization clinic by appointment only from 0700-1500 Monday – Friday.
d. USO is closed until further notice for major repairs.
e. Retiree breakfast will be 7 May 2022 at the Lejeune Officers Club. 0700 1000.
f. Vietnam Recognition Day is 30 Apr 2022, Lejeune Memorial Gardens, 1830
g. Memorial Day Ceremony, will be virtual due to construction.
h. Retiree Ball is 5 November 2022, $55.00 per person.
i. Veterans Day Parade is 5 November 2022.
11. TWO BELL CEREMONY:
Martin D. Sosa, Capt, USMC (RET), Branch 208
Robert B. Woodruff, MSgt, USMC(RET), Branch 208
Charles E. Roman, MSgt, USMC, (RET), Branch 208
Calvin A. Melvin, SSgt, USMC, (RET), Branch 208
12. There being no further business, a motion was made to adjourn. The Closing Prayer was recited and honors rendered to the American Flag. The meeting was adjourned at 1935. The next meeting will be held on 12 April 2022 at the DAV Building at 1830.
Paul H. Miethker Shipmate Secretary