Meeting Minutes July 2023
- The Shipmates monthly meeting of FRA Branch 208, Jacksonville NC was called to order at 1830 on 11 Jul 2023 by Shipmate President Raymond Applewhite.
- The Pledge of Allegiance, Opening Prayer and Preamble to the FRA Constitution were recited by all present.
- The following Shipmates were present: Raymond Applewhite – President
Graham Luby – Treasurer
Paul H. Miethker – Secretary
The following guests were present:
- NEW SHIPMATES N/A
- The minutes of the 8 June 2023 meeting were accepted.
- FINANCIAL REPORT.
Approved Pending Audit
S/M Hill has volunteered to be the new Branch Treasurer. Turn over audit was conducted. No discrepancies were found.
- COMMUNICATIONS a. S/M Secretary Miethker indicated the Branch received the following:
(1) List of paid S/M’s for Jul 23 from National HQ.
(2) List of deceased S/M’s for Jul 23 from National HQ
(3) Letter from the Salvation Army requesting a monetary donation.
(4) Letter from Special Olympics, North Carolina requesting a monetary donation.
- OLD BUSINESS a. The Branch, Coffee-With-A-Cop Program will continue with the Branch bringing refreshments and coffee to the various police stations selected. b. The Branch appreciation letter for the MCB Commissary will be presented soon. We are waiting to hear back from the commissary a good day to present the letter c. The Branch quarterly Road Side Clean-up has been rescheduled for 29 Jul 23 at 0730.
- NEW BUSINESS a. S//M Secretary Miethker brought up the numerous requests for monetary donation.
The Branch voted not to donate. b. S/M President Applewhite reported on S/M’s that are ill. c. The Branch voted on the inscription for the plaque for the Vietnam Memorial at the
Lejeune Gardens. S/M Secretary will ensure that the application and check are delivered d. They-Laws meeting will be held 9 Aug 23 at 1730, prior to the Branch monthly meeting. e. FRA National Convention, Reno, NV Sep 23. More information to follow.
- GOOD OF THE ORDER. a. First Saturday of the Month: Reading of the North Carolina POW/MIA Names, Vietnam
Memorial, Lejeune Memorial Gardens at 1200. b. USO needs volunteers, especially at the Onslow County Airport location. c. NMC Camp Lejeune Town Hall Meeting, 26 Jul 23 in the galley @ 1400. d. MFCU Salute to Veterans Event, MFCU main branch, 20 Jul 23 @ 1800. e. Retiree Breakfast, The Clubs at Paradise Point. 19 Aug 23 @ 0700 f. MCB Camp Lejeune Retiree Appreciation Day, 23 Sep 23, Marston Pavilion, 0900-1400. g. Retiree Ball, Marston Pavilion 11 Nov 23, @ 1800. h. Congressman Murphy is conducting a Veteran History Project. Contact his office if you are interested.
- TWO BELL CEREMONY N/A
- There being no further business, a motion was made to adjourn. The Closing Prayer was recited and honors rendered to the American Flag. The meeting was adjourned at 1920. The next meeting will be held on 9 August 2023 at 1830 at the DAV Building.
Paul H. Miethker Shipmate Secretary