Meeting Minutes February 2023
1. The Shipmates monthly meeting of FRA Branch 208, Jacksonville NC was called to order at 1830 on 14 February 2023 by Shipmate President Raymond Applewhite.
2. The Pledge of Allegiance, Opening Prayer and Preamble to the FRA Constitution were recited by all present.
3. The following Shipmates were present:
Raymond Applewhite – President
Graham Luby – Treasurer
Timothy Manchester – PAO
Paul H. Miethker – Secretary
The following guests were present:
4. NEW SHIPMATES
5. The minutes of the 10 January 2023 meeting were accepted.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT.
Approved Pending Audit.
a. S/M Secretary Miethker indicated the Branch received the following:
(1) List of paid S/M’s for Feb 23 from National HQ.
(2) List of deceased S/M’s for Feb 23 from National HQ
(3) Letter from the Salvation Army requesting a monetary donation.
(4) Letter from Special Olympics, North Carolina requesting a monetary donation.
(5) Letter of the City of Jacksonville requesting the Branch to sponsor a youth baseball team.
8. OLD BUSINESS
a. The Branch, Coffee-With-A-Cop Program will continue this year with a date to be determined.
b. The Branch conducted the Quarterly Street Clean-up on 11 Feb 23.
c. The budget for FY 23 will be presented at the March 2023 meeting.
9. NEW BUSINESS
a. S//M Secretary Miethker brought up the numerous requests for monetary donations. The Branch voted not to donate.
b. S/M President Applewhite reported on S/M’s that are ill.
c. The Branch received 31 Americanism Essay Contest entries. The committee will announce the winners at the March 2023 meeting.
d. The Branch voted to donate $200.00 to build a handicap ramp at the home of retired
HMC Joe Kinder.
e. The Branch paid the annual website fee for the last 2 years of $125.00.
10. GOOD OF THE ORDER.
a. First Saturday of the Month: Reading of the North Carolina POW/MIA Names, Vietnam
Memorial, Lejeune Memorial Gardens at 1200.
b. COVID-19 immunizations are being given by appointment only at the Onslow County Senior Center on NC 258. You will need to call for an appointment 910–353-5999.
c. COVID-19 immunizations onboard Camp Lejeune for Retirees and Military Dependents are at the NMCCL Immunization clinic, appointment required from 0700-1500 Monday – Friday
d. Retiree Townhall, 16 Feb 23 @1400, NMCCL galley.
11. TWO BELL CEREMONY
12. There being no further business, a motion was made to adjourn. The Closing Prayer was recited and honors rendered to the American Flag. The meeting was adjourned at 1920. The next meeting will be held on 14 March 2023 at the DAV Building.
Paul H. Miethker Shipmate Secretary