MEETING MINUTES AUGUST 2022
FLEET RESERVE ASSOCIATION, BRANCH 208
- The Shipmates monthly meeting of FRA Branch 208, Jacksonville NC was called to order at 1830 on 9 August 2022 by Shipmate Secretary Paul H. Miethker.
- The Pledge of Allegiance, Opening Prayer and Preamble to the FRA Constitution were recited by all present.
- The following S/M’s were present: Lou Alers
Graham Luby – Treasurer
Timothy Manchester – PAO
Paul H. Miethker – Secretary
Alexander Nevgloski – Chaplain
The following guests were present:
- NEW SHIPMATES N/A
- The minutes of the 12 July 2022 meeting were accepted.
- FINANCIAL REPORT. Approved Pending Audit.
a. S/M Secretary Miethker indicated the Branch received the following:
(1) List of paid S/M’s for Aug 2022 from National HQ.
(2) List of deceased S/M’s for Aug 2022 from National HQ
(3) Letter from the Salvation Army requesting a monetary donation..
(4) Letter from Special Olympics, North Carolina requesting a monetary donation.
- OLD BUSINESS a. The Branch, Coffee-With-A-Cop Program will continue this year with a date to be determined. b. BOD meeting rescheduled to 13 September 2022. c. S/M President Applewhite will be attending the SECNAV Retiree Council this month.
- NEW BUSINESS
a. S//M Secretary Miethker brought up the numerous requests for monetary donations.
The Branch voted not to donate.
b. S/M Secretary Miethker reported on S/M’s that are ill.
c. There was a discussion about the amount of money in the Branch savings account and the
Branch CD’s, and what would happen to the money if the Branch was to fold. After a lengthy discussion the subject was tabled until next month when the Branch President would be able to attend.
d. The Veterans Treatment Court for Onslow County has been approved. It will be run
by Judge Sorrells . Start date will be announced soon.
e. The Branch Road Side Clean-up is scheduled for 10 September 2022 at 0800.
f. Shipmate Levesque reminded the Branch to be vary of the ads for the Lejeune water
- GOOD OF THE ORDER.
a. First Saturday of the Month: Reading of the North Carolina POW/MIA Names, Vietnam
Memorial, Lejeune Memorial Gardens at 1200.
b. COVID-19 immunizations are being given by appointment only at the Onslow County Senior Center on NC 258. You will need to call for an appointment 910–353-5999.
c. COVID-19 immunizations onboard Camp Lejeune for Retirees and Military Dependents are at the NMCCL Immunization clinic, no appointment required from 0700-1500 Monday – Friday.
d. USO is closed until further notice for major repairs.
e. Retired Appreciation Day, Marston Pavilion 24 Sep 22, 1000-1400.
f. Corpsman Memorial Dedication scheduled for 12 Oct 22.
g. Retiree Ball, Marston Pavilion, 5 November 2022, $55.00 per person.
h. Retiree Appreciation Day, Marston Pavilion, 24 Sep 22, 1000-1400.
i. Veterans Day Parade, 5 November 2022.
- TWO BELL CEREMONY N/A
- There being no further business, a motion was made to adjourn. The Closing Prayer was recited and honors rendered to the American Flag. The meeting was adjourned at 1935. The next meeting will be held on 13 September 2022 at the DAV Building at 1830.
Paul H. Miethker Shipmate Secretary