MEETING MINUTES 8 JUNE 2023
- The Shipmates monthly meeting of FRA Branch 208, Jacksonville NC was called to order at 1830 on 8 Jun 2023 by Shipmate President Raymond Applewhite.
- The Pledge of Allegiance, Opening Prayer and Preamble to the FRA Constitution were recited by all present.
- The following Shipmates were present: Raymond Applewhite – President
Timothy Manchester – PAO
Paul H. Miethker – Secretary
The following guests were present:
- NEW SHIPMATES N/A
- The minutes of the 8 May 2023 meeting were accepted.
- FINANCIAL REPORT. Approved pending audit..
S/M Hill has volunteered to be the new Branch Treasurer. Turn over audit will be conducted prior to the July 2023 meeting.
a. S/M Secretary Miethker indicated the Branch received the following:
(1) List of paid S/M’s for Jun 23 from National HQ.
(2) List of deceased S/M’s for Jun 23 from National HQ
(3) Letter from the Salvation Army requesting a monetary donation.
(4) Letter from Special Olympics, North Carolina requesting a monetary donation.
(5) Invoice from the USPS for the annual renewal of the Branch PO Box.
(6) Letter from Jacksonville Recreation Department requesting the Branch to sponsor a youth baseball team.
8. OLD BUSINESS
a. The Branch, Coffee-With-A-Cop Program will continue with the Branch bringing refreshments and coffee to the various police stations selected.
b. The Branch appreciation letter for the MCB Commissary will be presented soon. We are waiting to hear back from the commissary a good day to present the letter
c. The Americanism essay winners’ certificates and checks have been mailed.
a. S//M Secretary Miethker brought up the numerous requests for monetary donation.
The Branch voted not to donate.
b. S/M President Applewhite reported on S/M’s that are ill.
c. The Branch voted to approve buying a plaque at the Vietnam Memorial at the Lejeune
Gardens for $500.00. The required paperwork has been received and will be turned in this month.
d. The Branch will hold the quarterly Road Side Clean-up 24 Jun 23 at 0730.
e. They-Laws meeting will be held 11 Jul 23 at 1730, prior to the Branch monthly meeting.
GOOD OF THE ORDER.
a. First Saturday of the Month: Reading of the North Carolina POW/MIA Names, Vietnam
Memorial, Lejeune Memorial Gardens at 1200.
b. USO needs volunteers, especially at the Onslow County Airport location.
c. S/M Blizard’s wife thanked the Branch for all the support during SM Blizard’s illness and
d. Kelly Hamilton (NC Works) passed 29 May 23, the funeral was last week.
e. Retiree Breakfast, 3 Jun 23 @0700, The Clubs at Paradise Point.
f. NMCCL will have reduced services 14-21 June 2023 during the deployment of EMF Kilo.
- TWO BELL CEREMONY N/A
- There being no further business, a motion was made to adjourn. The Closing Prayer was recited and honors rendered to the American Flag. The meeting was adjourned at 1920. The next meeting will be held on 11 July 2023 at 1830 at the DAV Building.
Paul H. Miethker